St. George-in-the-east, London E1.
Short, narrow hill running between The Highway (formerly Ratcliffe Highway and St. George Street) and Pennington Street. Its west side was lined with the wool warehouses of Gooch & Cousens and on the east side were a number of small dwellings, numbered 1 to 5. Two pubs were situated on the street; 'The White Bear' on the north east corner at 1 St. George Street and on the 'Red Lion' on the south east corner at 60 Pennington Street.
Mary Jane Kelly apparently lodged at 1 Breezer's Hill with a Mrs. Carthy (almost certainly Mrs. Mary McCarthy). According to Mrs. Carthy, Kelly left her lodgings in late 1886, but returned briefly some time after.
Breezer's Hill still exists and has warehouses on both sides.
- Goad Fire Insurance Map 1890
- 'The Streets of Whitechapel', Paul daniel; Ripperologist #7, September 1996
- Evening Express, 12th November 1888
- Western Mail, 12th November 1888