Former public house at 34 Settles Street, London E1.
The landlord in 1888 was William Cook.
The pub was situated at the corner of Settles Street and Fordham Street and owing to the fact that it was not marked on Ordnance Survey maps, means that it may well have been a beer-shop.
The 'Bricklayer's Arms' has long been out of use as a public house and is currently (2009) a grocer's store.
- Evidence from Ordnance Survey Maps, 1873-1969
- Evening News, 1st October 1888