Former public house, 27 Brady Street, Whitechapel.
The Roebuck has no immediate connections with the Whitechapel Murders, save for its location at the corner of Brady Street and Durward Street. Following the demolition of Essex Wharf and Brady House in 1990, the pub was the last remaining building on Durward Street that would have been extant in 1888 other than the Board School (which still survives). It can be conjectured that the pub gave its name to Buck's Row, or vice versa.
The pub was closed down and demolished in 1995 to make way for the construction of Kempton Court.
- Ordnance Survey Map, edition of 1894-96
- Ordnance Survey Map , edition of 1916
- Whitechappell, Scarlet Tracings, Iain Sinclair, 1987
- Radon Daughters, Iain Sinclair, 1994